A cure for poison ivy is probably on the wish list of every one who loves the outdoors. Whether you’re hiking in the mountains, trekking through the forest, or just gardening in your own backyard, you are likely to encounter this nasty little plant.
Maybe you have already experienced the unpleasant effects of getting poison ivy on skin. If you are one of the few who have not, be prepared next time you step outdoors.
This common plant exists in all of the lower 48 states. It is most common in the eastern and Midwestern states. It can also be found in many other countries outside of the United States. The plant grows on a vine and can usually be identified by three spoon shaped leaves. It is often found near rivers, lakes, and ocean beaches. Since there is no cure for poison ivy, everyone who enjoys spending time outdoors should take precautions to avoid getting poison ivy on skin.
It is certain that many desire a poison ivy cure because about 50 million people annually come in contact with it and experience a reaction. This reaction is caused by an allergy to a chemical contained within the plant known as urushiol. When poison ivy gets on the skin, urushiol is quickly absorbed. The body’s immune system responds by producing antibodies which create the physical symptoms of an allergic reaction. About half of the United States population has some degree of sensitivity to urushiol. A great deal of irritation could be avoided with an effective poison ivy cure.
Exactly how you will react to urushiol depends on you and your body chemistry. Some people experience only mild irritation when they get poison ivy on skin, while others develop serious cases, some of which require medical attention. In most cases, the victim suffers an irritating rash which causes itching. The rash often gets progressively worse causing discomfort and pain. Because there is no cure for poison ivy, the only option is to treat the pain with medications to minimize the symptoms.
If you believe that you have poison ivy on skin, it is important to identify the symptoms. Usually, the symptoms will appear within one to two days of exposure. The first sign is an itching and a rash. Soon, the rash will turn to blisters. In some extreme cases, the blisters will turn to open sores. The most severe cases will require medical attention. The irritation will develop on the areas of the skin that came in contact with the plant.
Because there is no cure for poison ivy, we can only treat the symptoms. The pain and discomfort that occur when you get poison ivy on skin is most often treated with medications or home remedies that often are not very effective.
Fortunately, many people are finding relief from a safe homeopathic product that works to alleviate the irritation of poison ivy. This product works with the body’s natural healing properties to alleviate the burning and irritation of the inflamed areas. This all-natural solution is Burt's Bees Poison Ivy Soap. Follow this link to see if this potential cure for poison ivy can help you.
If you have questions or concerns about poison ivy on skin, please contact us. Also, if you would like to share your experiences with remedies and treatments, we would love to hear from you.